Who says you can't compare apples and oranges? We're doing it in this quiz, analyzing the nutrients in each fruit (a 3-inch diameter apple and a 2 3/4-inch orange). Play along.
1. Oranges contain how many more calories than apples?
2. How much more of the recommended daily percentage of vitamin C does an orange contain?
a) 78 percent more
b) 8 percent more
c) 128 percent more
3. Which fruit contains more fiber?
c) same amount
4. Both apples and oranges pale in comparison with bananas (422 milligrams) for potassium, but which fruit contains a higher level?
5. How much more water is present in an orange compared with an apple?
a) 13 grams
b) 53 grams
c) 103 grams
ANSWERS: 1: a; 2: c; 3: c (3 grams of fiber); 4: b (orange, 232 mg; apple, 134 mg); 5: a