Newsday is preparing its annual special section on the Class of 2017, and we would like to invite your school to participate.
We need your help in three areas:
- Nominations for Extraordinary Seniors / Due April 19;
- A list of your senior class / Due April 29.
- Information on your valedictorians and salutatorians (with a senior-class photo) / Due April 29
Please do not send the information by letter or email. Use the online forms for submissions, and access them at the links below. The firstname.lastname@example.org email is no longer a valid place to submit this information.
All entries for valedictorians and salutatorians must be filled out in their entirety at the time of submission. Nominations for Extraordinary Seniors and the class list can be uploaded separately.
If you do not have the college and projected major for valedictorians and salutatorians by the May 1 deadline, you can submit the information afterward to email@example.com. Do not submit another form.
Once the form is submitted we will not accept changes unless it involves the student’s college or major.
1. Valedictorians and salutatorians: This form can be used for both valedictorians and salutatorians. Please submit one form per student. If your school has more than one valedictorian or salutatorian, simply submit another form. You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of each individual student's submission. Click here to submit a valedictorian or salutatorian. You can also access the form at visit newsday.com/valsalform.
We will publish a photo and biographical information on your valedictorian and salutatorian in Newsday and on Newsday.com. Please fill out the online form and upload a head shot of the student. (The image must be 1,000 pixels on the longest side; yearbook-type photos are best.) If there is more than one valedictorian, you will need to submit a separate form for each student. If your school does not have a valedictorian, please indicate that on the form.
2. Extraordinary Seniors: Our Graduation Issue also will spotlight other exceptional seniors Islandwide. To nominate a student, tell us about his or her unusual accomplishments, inspiring personal story or contributions to the school or community. This might be a student who has overcome a disability, volunteers for a local cause or has a unique talent. Click here to submit an extraordinary senior or visit newsday.com/extraordinaryseniorsform.
3. Class List: Newsday will publish the entire Class of 2016 list for each high school on our website. Please alphabetize your list by last name, with first names first. Include the school name at the top of the list, and the number of students on the list (so we can confirm we’ve got all names). Click here to submit a class list or visit newsday.com/classlistform.
For changes, questions or comments, please call Kim Fiorio, manager of Newsday's editorial support staff at Newsday, at 631-843-4813.