New Xbox, school elections, Kerry Kennedy: Top 5 stories for May 21, 2013
VideosCommuters react to safety concerns after Metro-North derailment VIDEO: Metro-North derailment news conference Kerry Kennedy back in court
GalleriesMetro-North train collision in Connecticut in May Kerry Kennedy in the public eye Rape suspect Alexandru Hossu in court briefly
1) School budgets will pass or fail Tuesday as voters go to the polls. This year some affluent Westchester districts - Scarsdale, Briarcliff Manor, Ardsley and Irvington - will challenge Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo's tax cap. This year could be the first time a school budget has fallen in these tony districts in decades.
2) Today is the second weekday since two Metro-North trains collided in Bridgeport, Conn., Friday, shutting down a stretch of track and several stations. Fears of Monday morning gridlock proved unfounded, but Tuesday's commute remains a question mark.
3) Kerry Kennedy should learn her trial fate Tuesday when she appears in North Castle Court in the case where she is accused of driving while under the influence of the prescription sleep-aid Ambien. A judge is expected to issue her ruling on whether charges against Kennedy will be dropped or she'll have to stand trial in the case.
Metro-North train collision in May
| Metro-North works on tracks near Hudson
MORE: Metro-North track worker killed by train in Conn. | Union seeks oversight after Metro-North fatal accident | Feds fault Metro-North in track worker's death
PHOTOS: Kerry Kennedy in the public eye | Kerry Kennedy charged in Westchester | Kerry Kennedy's global work
4) Alexandru Hossu, an undocumented Romanian bodybuilder and onetime housemate of Putnam County District Attorney Adam Levy, is due in Southeast Town Court at 3 p.m. Tuesday for a hearing in the case where he has been charged with forcibly raping a 12-year-old girl three years ago. Levy's mother, "Judge Judy" Scheindlin, urged people not to rush to judgment in the case.
5) Microsoft is expected to unveil the next generation Xbox videogame console Tuesday afternoon in Redmond, Wash. It has been eight years since the console's last refresh.