1) Sign up now to get alerts on breaking LIRR news and service disruptions. Click the bell icon in the lower right corner of the Newsday app and select Transit.
2) Working with News12, we'll have teams of reporters, photographers, videographers and our social media staff commuting with you starting Monday to bring live coverage of conditions and bottlenecks. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter and Instagram for live updates, videos and photos.
3) Follow us on Snapchat, where we'll post live video.
4) Tell us how your commute is going and share photos and videos using #summerofhell.
5) Check the updated timetables to make sure you know which trains are being canceled, lengthened or otherwise modified at newsday.com/lirrtimetables.
6) Get live automated updates on any LIRR disruptions or delays, and also check subway, bus and NJ Transit service at newsday.com/transit.
7) If you don't already get our breaking news emails, enter your email address at newsday.com/newsletters.
8) Understand exactly why this is all happening with our easy-to-follow breakdown at newsday.com/lirrexplainer.
9) See how LIRR disruptions impact other commuters newsday.com/lirrimpact.
10) Take a break and see cartoons about it all at newsday.com/opinion.