Imagine Bill Clinton tangoing alongside the likes of Elisabetta Canalis and Chaz Bono on the “Dancing With the Stars” floor. It could’ve happened ... if the former prez had had time to get prepped for the intense competition.
In an interview with Rachael Ray airing Tuesday, Clinton, 65, said ABC once approached him about joining the show.
“I told them I didn’t have the time to train for it,” Clinton said. “You know, you actually go out there and you train — you really work at it. So I had to pass. But I think it’s a hoot.
“And I have a 92-year-old mother-in-law who watches it religiously, and she knows much more about popular culture than Hillary and I do,” Clinton added.
“She thinks I would be really cool if I made it, but I had to pass.”
Meanwhile, “Dancing” made its Season 13 debut on Monday night. So far, the front runners seem to be Canalis, Hope Solo, Rob Kardashian and Carson Kressley.
Follow Style/Entertainment Editor Julie Gordon on Twitter: @jbgordon