One lucky family is going to Boston for free - if the Giants beat the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg announced his friendly wager Monday with his Boston mayor Thomas Menino. The losing city will host a family of four from the winning town and give them free meals at restaurants, tours of landmarks, and a photo with the hosting mayor.
"New York sports teams have a history of cleaning up when they go to Boston - and now our fans will have a chance to do the same." Bloomberg said.
Winners of the wager will be chosen through a lottery, and the losing city will give information how to enter after the Sunday's game. .
If the Giants win, here are some of the perks a New York family will get in Boston:
- Four roundtrip tickets on JetBlue
- A two-night stay at the Ritz Carlton
- Dinner for four at Legal Seafoods Harborside
- Dinner for four at the Top of the Hub restaurant
- Four tickets to a performance at the Citi Performing Arts Center
- Four box seats at a Bruins or Celtics game at the TD Garden
- A behind-the-scenes-tour of the newly expanded Isabella Stewart Gardner museum
- A Duck Tour ride
- A VIP tour of the personal diaries of John Adams, which inspired the HBO series, at the Boston Public Library, the first publically-support free city library in the world
- A VIP tour of the Samuel Adams Brewery in Jamaica Plain