Brett Favre admitted to leaving voicemails for former Jets sideline reporter Jenn Sterger, but denied sending the former model lewd photos, Fox Sports reported yesterday.
Favre met with NFL officials last Tuesday and came clean about the voicemails, but it’s unclear whether they alone violate the league’s personal conduct policy, Fox said.
The league is investigating allegations that Favre, 41, sent inappropriate text messages, including nude photos, to Sterger in 2008 when they both were employed by the Jets.
Sterger’s manager, Phil Reese, told amNewYork that she hasn’t met with the NFL, but there’s an “ongoing dialogue” with the league.
“Jenn is considering talking with [the NFL] and is leaning toward it, but I’m still in the fact-gather stage,” he said. “I’m working on getting all of the information together before we make a definitive decision.”
Reese didn’t specify when Sterger, 26, might meet with the league, but said: “We’re not looking for this drag on for months and months.”
Reports said the league hopes to finish the probe within 7-10 days.
Favre’s wife, Deanna, 41, has said little about the scandal, but told ABC’s “Good Morning America”: “[F]aith has gotten me through many difficult struggles [and] will get me through this one.”
Deadspin.com sparked the investigation earlier this month, when it posted a video including the voicemails and photos Favre allegedly sent Sterger. Two other women who worked for the Jets have since come forward, alleging Favre also sent them inappropriate messages.
Sterger’s lawyer, Joe Conway, said he’s spoken with the NFL about having a formal meeting regarding the investigation.
NFL spokesman Greg Aiello declined to comment. Favre’s rep didn’t return requests for comment.