As 3 million Cablevision customers enter day 10 of the Fox blackout that may shut them out of the World Series, the FCC is putting the pressure on to move talks ahead.
On Saturday, the commission told both parties to prove they’re negotiating in good faith and that the other is not.
Yesterday, Fox spokesman Scott Grogin said the company will respond to the FCC’s demands by the end of today. He added, though, that there would be no talks today with Cablevision.
Cablevision, which owns amNewYork, didn’t return requests for comment.
Not surprisingly, some Fox programs have lost a ton of viewers the past week.
A MediaPost.com report said “House” suffered a 67 percent ratings drop in New York compared to the week before, and the New York Giants game had a 27 percent drop.
Already missing the entire playoff series between Philadelphia and San Francisco, some area baseball fans could also strike out when it comes the World Series, which starts Wednesday.
Fox parent News Corp. pulled Fox 5 and MY9 last Saturday after its contract with Cablevision expired. Since then, Cablevision has run a looped message on the stations blaming Fox’s “greed.”
Cablevision says it pays News Corp. up to $70 million annually for its Fox channels, but Fox is now demanding $150 million to renew the contract.