Four people found dead eight days ago in a house in the Floral Park section of Queens died from accidental carbon monoxide poisoning, the New York City medical examiner's office has determined.
"The cause of death for all is acute carbon monoxide intoxication," a spokeswoman for the medical examiner said Friday. "The manner of death for all is accident."
Jerry Hugel, 83, and his wife Marie, 80, were discovered dead inside their home on April 10 by their son Robert, an NYPD sergeant.
Investigators initially suspected carbon monoxide poisoning because a car was left running in the attached garage. Jerry Hugel's body was found in the passenger seat of the idling sedan.
Also found dead at the home was Gloria Greco, 70, who was living with the Hugels, and a visitor, Walter Vonthaden, 76.
The Hugels, longtime members of a Bavarian dance group, were deeply involved in German cultural organizations on Long Island.