Randy Jackson is ditching “American Idol” and the rest of the hosts are rumored to be out next year. (Those hosts being Nicki Minaj, Mariah Carey and, um, that country singer guy.) So what now?
With no reports yet on who might be sitting behind that table next year, here are our suggestions for new hosts that could save the show.
1. Kanye West What could be more dramatic than the thought of a performer being interrupted at any moment?
2. Betty White Betty has seen it all; her opinion is worth more than even Simon Cowell’s. And she wouldn’t take any lip from Mariah or Nicki in the event one of them returns.
3. Lindsay Lohan They can have a monitor on the table so she can Skype in from whatever rehab or prison cell she’s in.
4. Joe Biden It will get the D.C. folks tuning in, knowing full well he will say something embarrassing.
5. Kermit The Frog Didn’t he already do this kind of thing on the “Muppet Show?” Just watch it with those flailing arms, Kermit — Betty White is sitting right next to you.