The peacoat and the puffer jacket have had their turns as the go-to cold-weather garment. This season, the cool and classic toggle coat — also known as the duffle — is the “it” outerwear option.
The traditional British garment (thank the Royal Navy for making it popular) is popping up in a variety of colors, patterns and lengths, making it easy to wear to work or on the weekend.
1. Topman wool-blend coat, $160; at Topman, 478 Broadway, 212-966-9555
2. Ben Sherman wool-blend coat, $249; at Ben Sherman, 96 Spring St., 212-680-0160
3. Schott NYC wool coat with leather trim, $250; at schottnyc.com
4. 7 For All Mankind wool-blend coat, $425; at 7 For All Mankind, 394 West Broadway, 212-226-8615
5. French Connection wool-blend coat, $268; at frenchconnection.com
6. Hugo by Hugo Boss wool coat, $895; Calvin Klein shirt, $49.50; and Boss by Hugo Boss tie, $95; all at Macy’s, 151 W. 34th St., 212-695-4400