More than 200 family members and friends of Raymond Facey -- the Brooklyn man killed in a carjacking minutes after a Nassau officer was also shot -- mourned the death of the hardworking father Saturday.

"Daddy, daddy, since you have been gone, my tears have got me drowning," sang Facey's twin 21-year-old daughters, Abbigail and Dahlia. "I know you are living; you are living in paradise."

The lyrics were adapted from a song written by their father after his mother died six years ago.

"He was admired, loved and respected by everyone who knew him," Facey's aunt, Zadie Marzouca, said during the ceremony at Holy Trinity Parish Church in Cambria Heights, Queens.

Facey, 58, came to the United States from Jamaica 28 years ago and loved music, cooking and farming, his family said. He worked as a dump truck driver at construction jobs in New York City and on Long Island.

His wife, June, four children and three stepchildren were joined by a multitude of other family members. Facey was laid to rest wearing a white suit, yellow shirt and lime-green polka-dot tie.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

"My kids and my mom just lost their best friend," said Facey's stepson, Oneil Murray, 36.

Among the mourners was Nassau police Det. Sgt. Gregory Quinn, who was accompanied by about 15 officers from the homicide squad.

"Their family supported us in our time of need and we will continue to support them," Quinn said.

On Oct. 23, Nassau police Officer Arthur Lopez, 29, of Babylon Village, and his partner, Clarence Hudson, 51, followed a Honda that appeared to have just been involved in a hit-and-run on the Nassau-Queens border.

Lopez was fatally shot as he approached the vehicle.

Police say Darrell Fuller, 33, then fatally shot Facey, 58, minutes later on the Cross Island Parkway in Floral Park. Facey had pulled over to speak with his daughter on his cellphone.

Father Raphael N. Johnson called Fuller, who is facing two counts of first-degree murder, as well as robbery and weapons charges, an "assassin."

Johnson recalled being stuck in traffic about a half-mile from the shooting scene -- unaware that one of his parishioners had been killed.

"It struck me very hard," said Johnson, who officiated the one-hour service and spoke out against gun violence. "Despite the hurt, Raymond would say, 'Carry on with your life.' "

Facey was buried at Pinelawn Memorial Park, Pinelawn, where his widow wept as Murray embraced her. Other mourners tossed carnations into the grave.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

"He was a great guy," said his best friend of 17 years, Audrey Richard, of Cambria Heights, who introduced Facey to his wife a decade ago. "You see how many people drove out here even with no gas?"