Brookhaven Town is an example of the nanny state meets big brother -- a horror movie ["Town mandates home monoxide detectors," News, Sept. 10]!
So the smoke detectors in all my bedrooms, plus the combination smoke-carbon dioxide detectors on all levels of my house, are not good enough? Now if my town, Oyster Bay, goes nuts, too, I'll have to spend $150 for a digital carbon monoxide detector?
Where does it stop? How about radon detectors? The food in my refrigerator may kill me, too. Dust! Molds can be deadly!
Health is a personal responsibility. Government encroachment on our personal lives is the worst crime we can allow.
Jo-Ann Nowodzinski, Jericho