The âQA Managerâs overseesâ and directs testing and review of Newsday, am New York and News 12 web and mobile products. The manager creates test plans and performs quality assurance testing of mobile, app and Web products. The QA Manager works closely with others on the web development team, reviewing design specifications, writing performance test plans, summarizing test results, and analyzing, reporting and tracking bugs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the staff of QA testers to ensure mobile, app and web products are comprehensively tested and ready for release.
- Work with third party vendors in mobile app development to coordinate testing and maintain lists of feature enhancements and bug fixes.
- Participate in QA effort throughout the web deployment cycle, develop and execute functional/regression/re-test test plans, test cases and automated test scriptsÂ
- Track defects from initiation to completion. Work with developers to respond to complaints and initiate remedy process.
- Be involved throughout the development process as advocate for usability best practices.