Yankees hitters will have the chance to go back-to-back-to-back at the 2012 All-Star Game.
The AL and NL starting lineups were announced Monday afternoon, with Curtis Granderson, Derek Jeter and Robinson Cano batting ninth, first and second for the American League, respectively.
Justin Verlander will start for the AL. The Detroit Tigers ace is 9-5 with a 2.58 ERA this year.
Former Yankee Melky Cabrera, now with the San Francisco Giants, is hitting second for the National League. He's one of three Giants in the lineup, joined by Buster Posey (hitting sixth) and Pablo Sandoval (seventh).
NL manager Tony La Russa tabbed Matt Cain as his starter. Cain (9-3, 2.62 ERA) pitched the first perfect game in Giants history against the Houston Astros on June 13. He was a surprise selection as the starter, chosen over Mets knuckleballer R.A. Dickey (12-1, 2.40 ERA).
Each team's lineup for Tuesday's 8 p.m. game in Kansas City:
1. Carlos Gonzalez, DH, Colorado Rockies
2. Melky Cabrera, CF, San Francisco Giants
3. Ryan Braun, LF, Milwaukee Brewers
4. Joey Votto, 1B, Cincinnati Reds
5. Carlos Beltran, RF, St. Louis Cardinals
6. Buster Posey, C, San Francisco Giants
7. Pablo Sandoval, 3B, San Francisco Giants
8. Dan Uggla, 2B, Atlanta Braves
9. Rafael Furcal, SS, St. Louis Cardinals
Starting pitcher: Matt Cain, San Francisco Giants
1. Derek Jeter, SS, Yankees
2. Robinson Cano, 2B, Yankees
3. Josh Hamilton, LF, Texas Rangers
4. Jose Bautista, RF, Toronto Blue Jays
5. Prince Fielder, 1B, Detroit Tigers
6. Adrian Beltre, 3B, Texas Rangers
7. David Ortiz, DH, Boston Red Sox
8. Mike Napoli, C, Texas Rangers
9. Curtis Granderson, CF, Yankees
Starting pitcher: Justin Verlander, Detroit Tigers