The Mets are in second place in the NL East with a 48-40 record at the break, but how will the second half treat them? While it's hard to predict how the Amazin's will play, we can certainly check out the schedule they have waiting for them.
- They play 36 overall games against clubs with an over .500 record at the break (San Francisco, LA Dodgers, St. Louis, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Colorado). These teams are currently a composite 291-236, 55 games over .500.
- They play 38 overall games against teams than have less than a .500 record at the break (Arizona, Houston, Pittsburgh, Florida, Chicago Cubs, Washington, Milwaukee). These teams are currently a composite 260-361, 101 games under .500
- The only NL teams the Mets don't face in the second half are San Diego and Cincinnati.
- The Mets end the year with seven games against Milwaukee and the Nats.
- From August 16-29, they play 13 straight games against sub .500 teams.
Sign up for Newsday’s Mets Messages for updates directly to your phone via text, free with a Newsday digital subscription. Learn more at newsday.com/metstext.