A few students in our class had a taste test to see which of the following Balance Bar energy bars was our favorite: Dark Chocolate Crunch, Dark Chocolate Coconut or Dark Chocolate Peanut.
We enjoyed each of the bars we tried. We like Dark Chocolate Coconut because it had a different taste than most energy bars. Coconut was an ingredient we had not seen in other bars.
We liked the fact that they all used dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. We also liked that Dark Chocolate Peanut bars had a good amount of peanuts in them.
We would definitely recommend each of the bars we tried. They seem like a great way to start the day.
The bars also are supposed to give you an energy boost. They have a balance of carbohydrates, protein and fat (and are not loaded with sugar) to help get rid of hunger pains.
That may be true, but we just liked the taste.
Baseball trivia quiz
Baseball season has begun. How much do you know about your favorite players? These questions will test your knowledge:
1. How many Gold Gloves has David Wright won?
2. Who led the majors last year in stolen bases?
a) Jose Reyes
b) Mike Trout
3. Who won the 2012 National League Rookie of the Year award?
a) Bryce Harper
b) Mike Trout
c) Matt Harvey
4. Who led the majors in home runs last year?
b) Adam Dunn
5. What team has Alex Rodriguez not played on?
7. Which player has not won the American League Cy Young Award?
a) David Price
b) Justin Verlander
c) Mariano Rivera
8. Who was the American League MVP last year?
a) Mike Trout
b) Josh Hamilton
c) Miguel Cabrera
-- ZACHARY MILES AND CHRISTIAN RAMIREZ/Kidsday Reporters
1) b, 2) b, 3) a, 4) c, 5) a, 6) a, 7) c, 8) c
CLASS OF THE WEEK Paul Harvey's sixth-grade class, COPIAGUE MIDDLE SCHOOL