The Yankees lead baseball with a 56-32 record at the break, but how will the second half treat them? While it's hard to predict how the Bombers will play, we can certainly check out the schedule they have waiting for them.
- They play 37 overall games against clubs with an over .500 record at the break (Tampa Bay, LA Angels, Boston, Texas, Detroit, Chicago White Sox). These teams are currently a composite 299-229, 70 games over .500.
- They play 37 overall games against teams than have less than a .500 record at the break (Kansas City, Cleveland, Toronto, Seattle, Oakland, Baltimore). These teams are currently a composite 224-306, 82 games under .500
- The only AL team the Yankees don't face in the second half is Minnesota.
- From July 22-29, they play eight straight games against sub .500 clubs.
- From August 30-Sept. 8, they play 10 straight games against sub .500 clubs.
- 13 of the last 19 games of the season are against Boston and Tampa.