My three favorite things so far on this trip:
1. Seeing the sights and the differences in the cultures.
2. Coach Young yelling at me for being in the wrong position on defense; brings back old times.
3. Hearing fans yell at me and heckle me; I heard them yell “What’s a Seawolf?”
My three least favorite things:
1. Losing my suitcase at the airport; no the airlines didn’t lose it, I did!
2. Poor television channels – No ESPN!
3. The plane ride over here – too long!
The three funniest things I’ve seen:
1. Al Rapier dancing on the Irish streets
2. Seeing the entire team sleeping on the bus during a tour – we were all jet lagged!
3. Eric McAlister eating a Burger King double whopper at 6 a.m.!
Weirdest thing I’ve seen:
The showers have half-doors instead of full doors or shower curtains! I don’t understand it.
After missing all of last season, it feels funny coming back onto the court and not sitting on the bench. It’s good to be back contributing again. It’s good to get back into shape, and get back into the swing of things. I think this is going to be a good warmup for the regular season.
Brenton missed all of the 2010-11 season due to injury, and the game vs. Killester was his first appearance in an organized game since March 2010. He grabbed 10 rebounds.