1. Pac-10: The Pac-10 doesn't have a dominant team. But the depth and quality of teams is definitely there this season. The Pac-10 was undefeated during last season's bowls. A similar performance this season is possible.
2. SEC: There's Florida and Alabama. But after that there's a drop off in the level of teams. Right now, Mississippi is the third best team in the conference.
3. Big Ten: The Big Ten is once again likely to get a second team into a BCS bowl. Ohio State, Iowa and Penn State all have 10-2 records. Northwestern is hot, and Wisconsin has enjoyed a solid season. After that, it's not too good.
4. Big 12: The conference would get a big boost if Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma. Why? The Cowboys could clinch a spot in the Fiesta Bowl as a BCS at-large team.
5. ACC: The ACC is deeper than the Big East, with schools like North Carolina, Miami, Clemson and Virginia Tech having good seasons. Georgia Tech can cruise into the ACC title game with an 11-1 record if it beats Georgia this week.
6. Big East: Cincinnati and Pittsburgh have proven to be legitimate top 10 teams this season. West Virginia can stake its claim to being the conference's third-best team by beating the Panthers this week.
7. Mountain West: The Mountain West may end up with only four bowl-eligible teams. But expect a good showing in bowl games from TCU, BYU, Utah and Air Force.
8. WAC: Boise State has dominated the WAC landscape this season with its undefeated record and high national ranking. But Nevada is 7-0 in the conference. Those teams will meet this week.
9. Conference USA: Conference USA has been tough to figure out. Houston looked like the real deal for most of the season, but those losses to UTEP and Central Florida hurt. To be honest, I don't like the potential bowl matchups for Conference USA teams.
10. Mid-American: Central Michigan and Temple have stood out this season with their unbeaten conference records. But Northern Illinois, Ohio and Bowling Green have all had good moments this season.
11. Sun Belt: The conference has four bowl-eligible teams, but it's likely Troy that gets the bid to the R+L Carriers New Orleans Bowl.