1. SEC: The conference has three of the top four ranked teams, or three of the top five, depending on which poll you put more stock in. Either way, Florida, Alabama and Mississippi are top 5 teams. And don't forget LSU, ranked seventh in both polls.
2. Big 12: Texas is the only team from the conference in top 5. Oklahoma, however, has recovered from the BYU loss. The Sooners are No. 10 in the AP poll and No. 9 in the coaches' poll. Oklahoma State (No. 16 in both polls) and Kansas (No. 20 in AP, No. 19 in coaches' poll) are the other Big 12 teams in the top 25 polls..
3. Big Ten: Penn State is No. 5 in the AP poll and No. 4 in the coaches' poll. After that, Ohio State remains in the top 15 (No. 13 in AP poll and No. 11 in the coaches' poll). But Michigan appears to be legit, giving the Big Ten three solid teams.
4. ACC: Miami has burst into the top 10 in the AP poll, currently ranked No. 9. Miami is No. 13 in the coaches' poll. Virginia Tech is No. 11 in the AP poll and No. 12 in the coaches' poll. North Carolina, still unbeaten, and Florida State, fresh off the big win at BYU, are the other ACC teams in the rankings.
5. Pac-10: California is No. 6 in both polls. USC took a plunge in the polls after the loss at Washington, falling to No. 12 in the AP poll and No. 10 in the coaches' poll.
6. Mountain West: The conference took a major hit over the weekend with BYU and Utah both losing. BYU fell from No. 7 to No. 19 in the AP poll. The Cougars are No. 20 in the coaches' poll. Utah completely fell out of the rankings. Those teams are unlikely to secure BCS bowl bids. TCU is the highest-ranked team from the conference -- No. 15 in the AP poll and No. 14 in the coaches' poll.
7. Big East: Cincinnati might be the most underrated team in the country. The Bearcats are No. 14 in the AP poll and No. 15 in the coaches' poll. The Bearcats have been very impressive this season, particularly on offense, and are coming off a nice win at Oregon State.
8. WAC: Boise State, No. 8 in both polls, continues to roll and could be this season's BCS party crasher.
9. Conference USA: Houston has moved to No. 17 in the AP poll. The Cougars can knock off another Big 12 team on Saturday when Texas Tech comes to town.
10. Mid-American: Nice win by Northern Illinois at Purdue on Saturday.
11. Sun Belt: Middle Tennessee State is coming off a one-point win at Maryland on Saturday.