The day isn't over yet, so there's still time for some more coaching changes in the NFL, but here's where we're at so far:
* Eric Mangini got the gate in Cleveland, where Mike Holmgren has already contacted prospective coaches for the opening. Holmgren said his first inclination is not to return to coaching, but he didn't completely rule it out. Giants defensive coordinator Perry Fewell is on his list, as are Lions offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg and former Panthers coach John Fox. It's widely assumed Holmgren will consider former Raiders and Bucs head coach Jon Gruden, a former Holmgren assistant in Green Bay.
* John Fox is out in Carolina, although we already knew that.
* Gary Kubiak is SAFE in Houston, which was expected expected to be the case. He's now set to hire Wade Phillips as his defensive coordinator.
* Jack Del Rio is SAFE in Jacksonville, despite an 8-8 season.
* Tom Coughlin is SAFE with the Giants, as announced last night by the team's president and co-owner, John Mara.
* Tom Cable is still coaching in Oakland, but as we've seen before, that is always subject to change. Al Davis has been known to drag his feet on coach firings and hirings, so this one will remain in flux for a while.
* Marvin Lewis is almost certainly out in Cincinnati, but there's still no official word.
* Leslie Frazier is IN - officially - as the Vikings' head coach after serving as the interim following Brad Childress' firing. He'll address reporters at a news conference shortly.
* Tony Sparano is still the head coach in Miami, but there's a good chance he'll be dismissed before the week is out.
* Jeff Fisher has a news conference scheduled at 4:30 p.m. CT to discuss his situation with the Titans. UPDATE: Fisher said he is hopeful of remaining the Titans coach, although team owner Bud Adams will huddle with his front-office personnel this week to discuss the coach's situation.
* Jason Garrett is expected to be named the Cowboys' head coach after serving as the interim coach in the wake of Wade Phillips' departure. No official word from Jerry Jones yet.