Texas A&M offensive lineman Luke Joeckel runs a drill during the NFL Combine in Indianapolis. (Feb. 23, 2013) Photo Credit: AP
1. Chiefs Luke Joeckel, T, Texas A&M Now that the Chiefs addressed the quarterback situation by trading for Alex Smith, it was time to find a blue-chip tackle to provide pass protection.
2. Jaguars Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida Jacksonville needs help everywhere, but Floyd is tough to resist. His inside pass rush presence is huge.
3. Raiders Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon Oakland has a need at quarterback, but might be reluctant to take West Virginia's Geno Smith this high. Jordan is an elite pass-rushing prospect.
4. Eagles Eric Fisher, T, Central Michigan Both Eagles' starting tackles -- Todd Herremans and Jason Peters -- are over 30. Fisher is the same league as Joeckel.
5. Lions Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama The Lions have a glaring need in the secondary and Milliner is far and away the top cornerback prospect.
6. Browns Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia A little high for the little receiver? Maybe. But have you seen the Browns' depth chart at wide receiver?
7. Cardinals Lane Johnson, T, Oklahoma The offensive line has been a critical need for the last several years. Johnson is climbing the charts among scouts.
8. Bills Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia The Bills signed veteran Kevin Kolb, but that's still not enough to settle the position. Smith is a boom-or-bust prospect, but the Bills might need to take that chance.
9. Jets Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU John Idzik needs to hit it big on his first first-round pick as the Jets' new general manager. A top pass rusher fits a glaring need, although Mingo is considered undersized by some scouts.
10. Titans Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah The Titans' defense can benefit immediately with the powerful inside presence of Lotulelei.
19. Giants D.J. Fluker, T, Alabama The Giants can pencil in Fluker right now at right tackle to serve as a bookend opposite recently re-signed Will Beatty.
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter