I can’t believe I forgot. More so, I can’t believe no one reminded me!
We went through the first preseason game last week without breaking down the Bottom Five Things to Look For. It’s a tradition here on the blog to dissect each game down to the very last items. There are plenty of other websites that provide you with the top five positions and battles and storylines for an upcoming game, but this is the only one that goes deep enough to reach the Bottom Five.
So without further ado, here are the Bottom Five Things to Look For in tonight’s Giants-Bears game:
5. Rhys Lloyd will refuse to attempt a field goal in the third quarter unless the Giants replace James Brewer on the right side of the protection.
4. Travis Beckum will be flagged for two false starts, one holding call, and an offensive pass interference penalty. When asked about those infractions after the game, he says: “I think that if you didn’t know what was going on you kind of got the wrong perception of it.”
3. Ronnie Barnes will perform the first on-field throat culture in NFL history when Sage Rosenfels complains about some soreness in the back of his mouth.
2. As a way of welcoming fans back to football, the Giants have selected 10 lucky season ticket holders to be on the field for the start of the game. They will have the once-in-a-lifetime chance to be personally cussed out by Pat Hanlon.
1. Be sure to check Maurice Jones-Drew’s Twitter feed for damning remarks about Jay Cutler when he doesn’t come out to play in the second half tonight!