How lucky are the Giants to get two byes in a row?
They had no game last weekend and this Sunday they will play a scrimmage against the Miami Dolphins, a team that not even the Big East would consider inviting to join. The only thing that keeps the Dolphins from being the worst team in football is the drubbing the Saints gave to the Colts on Sunday night. It’s kind of a reverse BCS to rank the winless teams.
Speaking of reverses and bottoms, it’s time for the weekly installment of the Bottom Five Things to Look For. As you know, there are plenty of websites and blogs you can go to and read about the most significant factors in an upcoming game. But they never go all the way down to reflect the entire list. That’s where we come in, to give you the Bottom Five. So here we go:
5. To publicize the Mark Herzlich segment on Sunday night’s “60 Minutes,” the Giants have Morley Safer toss the pregame coin … and allow Leslie Stahl to play quarterback in the fourth quarter.
4. After his nine touchdown performance, the Dolphins decide they are no longer playing for Andrew Luck and begin a new campaign: “Lose Face, Draft Case.”
3. Tony Sparano finally gets a bid on his South Florida home which has been on the market since January. He’s ecstatic. Until he finds out Bill Cowher made the bid.
2. Give the Dolphins credit for sticking to their plan! Even though they are playing against the Giants, they continue to throw at Darrelle Revis.
1. Free issues of this month’s “Men’s Fitness” magazine for the first 30 fans to enter the stadium. And yes, they’ll be signed by Brandon Jacobs.