Finally, the Giants and the Jets get to face off in the most meaningful meaningless game in NFL history. The annual preseason contest between the two teams that will decide once and for all – or at least until December – who has the best squad in New York.
Of course, there are plenty of things to look for in this game. Lots of people have given you their lists straight from the top. Even Glauber gave you 10 things to look for. Here, of course, we cover the games with unparalleled depth. That’s why we go straight to the end of the list and present you each week with the Bottom Five Things to Look For from each game.
Here is the list for the Giants-Jets game:
5. Eli Manning, who suffered a lacerated scalp when he played in this preseason game a year ago, will wear two helmets just as a precaution.
4. Facing fourth-and-3, Rex Ryan calls for a punt and former Jet Steve Weatherford runs onto the field from the Giants’ sideline from force of habit.
3. Attending the first even at newly crowned MetLife Stadium, season ticket owners find that they have a $20,000 deductible for any damage their team may suffer from a hurricane.
2. After playing a half, the Giants starters keep their uniforms on and board a bus that takes them directly to Foxborough where they start warming up for their next game on Thursday.
1. The game might be moved again. Turns out that authorities are predicting darkness tonight. Rather than have people drive home from the game when there is no sunlight, the teams may try to reschedule for Tuesday night.