Good Morning
Good Morning

Giants’ Josh Brown cited for violating temporary order of protection in 2015, documents say

Giants kicker Josh Brown speaks with reporters at

Giants kicker Josh Brown speaks with reporters at training camp, Thursday, Aug. 18, 2016, in East Rutherford, N.J. Credit: AP / Tom Canavan

The now former wife of Giants kicker Josh Brown told police that he drove past their home in Washington state less than two months after he was arrested for fourth-degree assault and domestic violence against her in 2015, violating a temporary order of protection, according to documents obtained by Newsday from the King County sheriff’s office.

The assault charges were dropped five days after the incident and, according to Kimberly Petty, public records program manager for the King County sheriff’s office, Brown was neither arrested nor charged with violating the order of protection, despite the accusation.

According to the documents, Molly Brown called 911 at approximately 9:30 p.m. on July 13, 2015, and later told the responding police officer that at 7:10 p.m. that evening she was backing out of her driveway with their daughter in the backseat and saw Brown’s pickup truck coming down the road. She stated that “the truck slowed as it passed her” and she “got a good look at the driver,” identifying him as Brown.

“He drove past the house real slow and I could see he drove past the house as I looked in the rearview mirror,” she wrote in her statement. “Josh knows about the order and cannot come within 500 feet from the house. I have no idea why Josh would come by the house. I believe he is checking on me.”

Molly Brown also accused Brown of texting the family’s baby sitter and “asking weird questions” about Molly’s whereabouts, according to the documents.

In audio of the 911 call, also obtained by Newsday, Molly Brown tells the operator that she had called about two hours earlier for guidance on what to do but had not left her name or address at that time.

The documents say the case “was sent to the prosecutor’s office for review.”

The Giants referred questions about this latest accusation to come to light to the statements made by co-owner John Mara on Wednesday. Mara said the Giants “were certainly aware at the time that there were allegations of numerous incidents” and that “based on the facts and circumstances that we are aware of, we were comfortable with our decision to sign [Brown].”

Brown signed a two-year contract with the Giants this spring. He is facing a one-game suspension from the NFL for violating the personal conduct policy, discipline that stems from the May 22, 2015 arrest.

New York Sports