The Giants are heading to Green Bay. The outpost of the NFL. The city that time forgot. City? Well, if you’ve ever been there you know it’s more like a suburb … without the urb.
The last time the Giants played there they were stranded in Appleton, Wisconsin for an extra day because of a blizzard, not there but here. And an extra day in Appleton, Wisconsin is exactly what it sounds like it would be. So the team has had enough of the casserole and cheese culture for a while. They’ll want to get in and out as quickly and efficiently as possible.
But first they have to play Sunday’s NFC Divisional Playoff Game. There are lots of keys to the game that will be and have been dissected elsewhere on this site and others. The Giants need to figure out how to stop Aaron Rodgers, who has 8 TD passes in the last two games against them. They need to play keepaway from the inteception-happy Packers secondary. They need to adjust to the weather at Lambeau Field (even though as I write this it is expected to be colder in East Rutherford than in Green Bay when the game starts).
But you can go anywhere for those important keys and lists of the significant game-tippers. Here we go to the end of the list to delve into the last few middling details on the gameplan and make you aware of everything that is going on. So here, as we do every week, is our list of the Bottom Five Things to Look For:
5. To prove to the world – and to B.J. Raji – just how tough they are, the Giants offensive linemen not only decide to play the gave sleeveless, they play the game pantsless.
4. David Carr gets his first start of the season as Eli Manning stays at home to broken peace over the cancellation of the Hoboken St. Patrick’s Day Parade.
3. Ahmad Bradshaw runs for 79 yards and a touchdown despite suffering from constipation; diarrhea; headache; increased cough; indigestion; joint pain; leg or back cramps; mild dizziness or fast heartbeat; minor bruising, itching, pain, redness, and swelling at the injection site; nausea; runny nose; sore throat; weakness; severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); blurred vision; chest pain; depression; fainting; and tooth problems. All are possible side effects of Forteo, the medicine he is taking to help his foot.
2. Brian Cashman apologizes, says he’s just so used to having the Giants’ season end in early January and that he would never have made those backpage-stealing moves had he realized that football season was still going on.
1. A babbling Mitch Petrus tries to deliver the pre-game pep talk until Ronnie Barnes sticks a wallet in his mouth and injects him with anti-seizure medications.