Welcome to the Super Bowl edition of the Bottom Five Things to Look For. Or maybe we should call it the Bottom V Things to Look IV. We’ve had two weeks to break down, dissect, discuss and analyze so many aspects of this game, from what it will mean for the legacies of those involved to how Gronkowski’s ankle will hold up to what each team must do to win the game.
And still, there are nuggets of information and storylines that remain unmined. That’s what we’re here for. Because there will be plenty of television shows and websites and newspapers that will give you the top 3, 5, 10, even the top 46 things to look for in this Super Bowl game. But here, we go all the way to the end of the list that may seem infinite, but really isn’t. It has to end somewhere. It ends here.
So for the final time this season, we present the Bottom V things to Look IV.
5. After Madonna stole his dance moves in her press conference on Thursday, Victor Cruz celebrates his first touchdown by Vogue-ing. He celebrates his second by marrying Guy Ritchie.
4. Rob Gronkowski plays the entire game thanks to a halftime session of physical therapy with Bibi Jones.
3. Osi Umenyiora blows off the game. The Giants issue a statement that he misunderstood the schedule and it was an honest mistake. He later says that he figured since he played in a game two weeks ago, that would be enough.
2. The Colts release a photo of the crowd at Lucas Oil Stadium on gameday. Somewhere in the mass of humanity are Peyton Manning and Jim Irsay. The photograph clearly shows how close the two actually are and that they are one big happy Colts family.
1. Tom Coughlin is fired after the game.