Well, here we are in Nawlins! The Giants face the Saints tonight on Monday Night Football and it’s a big game for both teams. The Giants need a win to keep pace with the Cowboys in the division as well as the wildcard teams and the Saints are in the same position (just a different division). It’s an NFC game, so this one could count a lot when it comes to tie-breakers and such.
Of course, there are lots of things to consider when watching this game. Drew Brees has a long list of weapons. The Saints’ defense loves to blitz from the secondary. The Giants are a bit short-handed with Will Beatty sidelined and Ahmad Bradshaw and Michael Boley still out. Mario Manningham is a gametime decision. The list of significant storylines appears endless.
It’s not, though. It is very finite. And while most websites, blogs and papers will give you the top couple of things to look for in tonight’s game, here we dig deeper than any of them. That’s right, we go straight to the end of the list for our weekly glance at the Bottom Five Things to Look For.
So here you go, this week’s edition:
5. The Giants have an unexpected visitor show up in New Orleans ready to play. It gets awkward when Jerry Reese has to explain to Rich Seubert that it’s actually “Cyber Monday” and not “Seubert Monday.” Richie stays and watches the game anyway.
4. Tired of “taking ----,” Antrel Rolle spends his days in Buffalo trying to find Steveie Johnson and “whack his --- out” for his obnoxious TD celebration against the Jets on Sunday. He misses the game in New Orleans.
3. Chris Snee has hired a personal food taster to test his meals and make sure he never gets food poisoning again. In a related item, Travis Beckum finally finds a role to help the team.
2. Eli Manning holds true to his word that he will not visit friends or relatives or do any sightseeing while in his hometown. A miffed Archie and Olivia show up at the Superdome wearing Drew Brees jerseys, which Brees presented to them over brunch in the Garden District on Monday morning.
1. Brandon Jacobs takes out his frustrations by beating up one of the team’s best young wide receivers because he can’t stand it when the fans “Cruuuuuz.”