Another big game for the Giants this weekend. Not only are they facing a team with an identical 6-4 record to their own, but they also have to keep pace with the other teams ahead of them in the race for the NFC playoff bracket. And of course they have to figure out how to get by with all of their injuries.
There are some obvious things to be looking for in this game. The Giants need to contain the Hyphen Boys (Maurice Jones-Drew and Mike Sims-Walker). Meanwhile they’ll likely have Will Beatty starting at left tackle and are making a switch at running back in the name of ball security.
But down in the depths of things to look for this Sunday against the Jaguars lurks the Bottom Five. Every week we give you the Bottom Five Things to Look For, and this week is no exception. Here we go:
5. Dwindling attendance figures in Jacksonville are so bad that the game is blacked out in Florida, even though it is being played in New York.
4. Shawn Andrews is released from the hospital and his back feels fine. It’s his neck that is bothering him. Turns out he wrenched it by Tweeting “SMH” too often and then actually S-ing his H too vigorously each time.
3. New WR Michael Clayton is reduced to tears because he thinks that every time Eli Manning changes a play at the line of scrimmage and yells “Omaha! Omaha!” he’s taunting the former first-round pick about his stint in the UFL with the Omaha Nighthawks.
2. The NFL cancels the game, and all the rest of the Week 11 games, declaring an official Super Bowl-like “hype week.” Why bother playing something as inconsequential as a Giants-Jaguars game when there are only eight days left until the 9-2 Jets face the 9-2 Patriots in the marquee game of the season next Monday Night?
1. Brandon Jacobs shows off the new tattoo he’s had inked on his chest. It reads: “Temporary.”