Big game. Monday Night Football. Cowboys-Giants. Lots of intrigue. Lots of subplots. Lots of keys to the game.
And of course, we have the list of the Bottom Five Things to Look For tonight.
5. Normally focused entirely on the defense, Wade Phillips decides to speak up during a pregame offensive coaches meeting and asks why the Cowboys have not thrown the ball to Terrell Owens this season.
4. Matt Dodge comes out for his first punt of the game wearing a first baseman’s mitt to help him catch the snaps.
3. Osi Umenyiora ties the NFL’s single-season record for most forced fumbles in a season with two against the Cowboys. In the locker room he bats the soap out of the hands of three teammates in the shower, swats a post-game slice of pizza out of the grip of Kevin Boss, and knocks the notebooks and recorders from the hands of reporters who are interviewing him.
2. Starting quarterback for the Cowboys: Cliff Lee.
1. After the win, Eli Manning signs his name on the wall in the visiting locker room, the wall in Jerry Jones’ office, the wall at the Dallas-Fort Worth Continental Airlines terminal, and former Cowboys cornerback Everson Walls. “It’s a tradition in a lot of places,” Manning says while signing the wall on which Tom Landry’s fedora is hung. “I mean no disrespect.”