The Giants are at the bottom. The bottom of the standings in the division, near the bottom of the league in just about every NFL statistical category, and close to the bottomless pit that an 0-2 start is for a professional football team. All of which makes this game against the Bucs quite significant.
There will be lots of stories written in coming days focusing on the keys to this game. The top 3 things that the Giants need to happen to win, the top 5 things that the Bucs can do to improve to 2-0. But here, of course, we provide greater depth than anywhere else. Here, we go straight to the end of the list of keys. Here, we present the Bottom Five Things to Look For.
For Week 2 against the Buccaneers, here is your list:
5. The pregame coin toss is not to decide who receives the kickoff but who receives Col. Greg Gadson, the close friend of Mike Sullivan’s from West Point but also an honorary Giant and inspiration in two of their Super Bowl runs.
4. David Wilson once again comes up big for fantasy owners, especially in point-per-tear leagues.
3. Justin Tuck gets his first sack of the season and unveils a new celebration where he dons a blue three-piece suit and a long red beard and then stands over the Bucs’ starting quarterback saying: “What do you think of paying for things? Oh, you don’t like that? So you’re a Josh Freeman? It’s serious fun!”
2. Running back D.J. Ware shows the Giants exactly what they are missing out on by cutting him: Three rushing yards on two carries and one pass reception for another four yards.
1. Jay Cutler is sacked three more times and throws another interception in the Giants-Bucs game.