FLORHAM PARK, N.J. — Colin Kaepernick insisted that he hasn’t given much thought to his future in San Francisco. But the 49ers quarterback did deny on Wednesday that he had purchased a Manhattan condo.
“I actually didn’t buy a condo in New York, so I don’t know where that report is coming from,” Kaepernick, who will start against the Jets after being benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert against the Bears on Sunday, said on a conference call.
Citing property records, the Los Angeles Times reported last week that Kaepernick paid $3.21 million earlier this year for a condo in TriBeCa. NFL Network also reported over the weekend that Kaepernick plans to void his contract after this season in order to become a free agent.
“I haven’t thought about my future past this season,” Kaepernick said. “My focus is winning the game this week. I’m under contract for this year and another year, so once again, my focus is on my teammates and trying to prepare to win.”
As for the report about his San Jose home being up for sale, Kaepernick said: “I have not sold my house. Once again, I don’t know where these reports are coming from.
“I hear a lot of different things about what my living situation is, or what my personal life is, or a lot of different things. Those are things that come with being a public figure, but not something that I concern myself with.”