Figured I'd share some post-game factoids with you guys:
Under Rex Ryan, the Jets improved to 3-1 in season-opening games. Their 48 points represent the most in franchise history for a regular season opener – surpassing their previous high of 41 set three times -- and also are the most the team has scored under Ryan. Sunday’s output also was the most scored by any NFL team in a regular season opener since 2003 when SF scored 49 points vs. the Bears in 2003.
* The O-line: LT D’Brickashaw Ferguson, C Nick Mangold, RG Brandon Moore, LG Matt Slauson and RT Austin Howard helped the Jets rush for 118 yards and throw for 266 – all while holding the Bills defense without a sack. This marks the first time since the December 4, 2011 at Washington that the Jets did not allow a sack.
* Moore moved past Guy Bingham for seventh place on the Jets’ all-time list for games played by an offensive lineman (126). Moore is now two games behind G Dave Herman for sixth place. Moore has started 122 consecutive games dating back to the 2004 season.
* Jeremy Kerley's 12-yard touchdown reception was the first Jets score of the 2012 season and the second TD reception of his career.
* Mark Sanchez -- who threw for 266 yards (19-of-27), three touchdowns and one interception – finished the game with a quarterback rating of 123.4. The Jets record improved to 6-0 in games Sanchez throws at least three touchdown passes.
* Stephen Hill caught five passes for 89 yards and two touchdowns – a debut that ranks tops in team history for team history for most receiving yards and touchdown receptions. Hill surpassed Al Toon’s club record of 67 receiving yards in his debut, set also vs. Buffalo on September 15, 1985.
* RB Shonn Greene had a career opening day, carrying a career-high 27 times for 94 yards and a touchdown. Prior to Sunday, Greene had season-opener totals of 15 carries for 44 yards and no touchdowns.
All five "starting" members of the secondary contributed to the team's four takeaways. The Jets ended the first two BUF possessions with interceptions (Darrelle Revis, Kyle Wilson) and the third takeaway came after a C.J. Spiller fumble (caused by S LaRon Landry) was recovered by S Yeremiah Bell. On the Bills’ opening drive of the second half, CB Antonio Cromartie intercepted a pass 40 yards for a touchdown.
Sunday marked the second-consecutive opening game in which Revis has posted an interception.
* Kerley's 68-yard punt return touchdown was the first of his career and first by a Jet since Santana Moss’ 52-yard punt return at San Diego on November 3, 2002. Kerley’s play also was the longest by the Jets since Terence Mathis set a franchise record with a 98-yard punt return vs. the Cowboys on November 4, 1990.
* Nick Folk’s 12 points were the most he’s had in a game since he finished with 12 in a Jets’ win over Jacksonville September 18, 2011. The six extra points tied his career best, set in his NFL debut for Dallas on September 9, 2007 against the Giants.
Game day captains: Sanchez, CB Ellis Lankster, LB Aaron Maybin, LB Nick Bellore and NT Kenrick Ellis.