Chargers holdout receiver Vincent Jackson finally ended his holdout today by reporting to the team. "I'm happy Vincent is here," GM A.J. Smith said in a statement. "I have no doubt he will go to work, work hard and quickly get into game shape. Once he starts playing in games, I don't think it will take him that long for him to be a contributor and help us."
Jackson, who had refused to sign a one-year contract tender until now, told reporters he "missed football more than you can imagine. Right now I'm just looking forward to being able to practice and get back on the field. My only concern is doing whatever I can to contribute and help the team win. The future will take care of itself."
The Chargers, 2-5, had been expected to dominate the AFC West, but instead find themselves trailing the 4-2 Chiefs and the 3-4 Raiders. Starting wide receivers Malcolm Floyd and Legedu Naanee are out with injuries, so Jackson's arrival was a big lift.
Unfortunately for the Chargers, he isn't eligible to play until Nov. 28 against the Colts because he remains on the team's roster exempt list.