1. CAREY FOOTBALL: The Seahawks are the ultimate BIG 10 champions for the school year 2014-2015. Carey is the first Nassau team to have back-to-back 12-0 football seasons, extending Long Island's longest current football win streak to 24 games. The defense, led by linebacker, Conor Colasurdo, held East Islip to 13 yards rushing in the Long Island Class II championship 41-7 victory.
2. MATTITUCK BASEBALL: The Tuckers captured the school's first state Class B title with a 4-1 victory over Livonia. Ian Nish had a two-run double and Joe Tardif added a two-run single in the win. Marcos Perivolaris improved to 10-0 on the mound as the Tuckers finished 27-1.
3. EAST ISLIP BOYS BOWLING: John Kavanaugh rolled a 239 in the sixth and final game of a 1,238 series to help the Redmen (14-0) capture the state title. It was the their first state crown since 2008. East Islip bowled its best series (1,084) in Game 6 of a 5,985 series to win their second state title in three years.
4. MASSAPEQUA GIRLS SOCCER: The Chiefs, winners of 11 of the last 12 county championships, made school history by repeating as state champions. Meghan McCabe and Melanie Hingher anchored a dominant back line, Olivia Stegner controlled the midfield, Mackenzie Palmer and Hope Breslin generated offense, and Cara Gallagher and Rebecca White didn't allow a goal as the Chiefs outscored opponents 13-0 in the playoffs.
5. COLD SPRING HARBOR BOYS LACROSSE: The Seahawks won their first state Class C championship since 2006 with a thrilling 9-8 victory over Cazenonia. Matt Licciardi assisted on all four of Taylor Strough's goals. Will Doyle made 10 saves, including two in the final minute to preserve the victory.
6. WEST ISLIP GIRLS LACROSSE: Fueled by a loss in last year's title game, West Islip overcame four deficits in this year's championship against Suffern before Lena Riportella scored with 2:07 left to propel the Lions to a 10-9 win and their first state crown. Emily Piciullo led with four goals. In a semifinal, Riportella's four-goal effort helped the Lions to a 10-5 win over West Genesee.
7. MOUNT SINAI GIRLS LACROSSE: Senior captains Sydney Pirreca (three goals, one assist) and Kasey Mitchell (four goals) helped guide the Mustangs in their 8-5 win over Honeoye Falls-Lima in the state Class C title game. Mitchell's five goals lifted Mount Sinai to a 13-7 win against defending champ Skaneateles in the semifinal.
8. LONG ISLAND LUTHERAN GIRLS BASKETBALL: The Crusaders capped another brilliant season by capturing their fourth state Federation title in five seasons, and their second consecutive in Class AA. Boogie Brozoski scored 24 points and Taylor Byrne had 15 points and 14 rebounds in Lutheran's 66-52 win over Christ the King. The Crusaders had beaten three-time defending state champion Ossining, 67-55, in the semifinal round.
9. COMMACK BOYS SOCCER: Behind midfielder Anthony Izzo's two goals, the Cougars captured their first state title since 1995. Goalkeeper Ryan Sinnott and defenders Ryan Nigro, Peter Brennan, Josh Eisler and Noah Gittleman did not allow a goal in five November games. Midfielder Justin Cebollero was voted League I MVP for the second straight season.
10. LAWRENCE FOOTBALL: Halfback Jordan Fredericks scored four touchdowns and threw for another as the Golden Tornadoes edged Sayville, 40-35, in an epic Long Island Class III championship game. Melik Mavruk's 82-yard fumble return with 1:06 remaining was the game-winner.