LARGE SCHOOLS, NASSAU
MacArthur (5-1) – MacArthur is riding its loaded roster to the top, and has allowed only one run in the past three contests. The Generals' last shutout came courtesy of a complete agme, two-hit, 12 strikeout performance from Josh Barry against Baldwin
Plainview JFK (5-2) – JFK has yet to lose a game in league and just completed a two-game sweep of Port Washington to secure a spot atop AA-II.
Carey (3-3) – Carey bounced back from a tough open to the season by winning three of its last four game, including a sweep of Oceanside and a split against Massapequa. Pitcher Ron Licciardi has proved his mettle, winning two games in the stretch, which including a clutch late-game performance against Oceanside.
Massapequa (4-3) – Massapequa is rebounding off a tough start with a two-game sweep of Freeport and a split against Carey.
Oceanside (4-2) – Oceanside completed a two-game sweep of Freeport after losing two games to Carey. They’ve scored 18 runs in the past two games – a good omen for a team that has traditionally been pitching oriented.
Herricks (4-1) – After dropping a non-league game in its season opener, Herricks has been on fire. The team is on a four-game winning streak with sweeps against Syosset and Valley Stream Central.
Port Washington (5-2) – Port stumbled in a two-game series against conference leader Plainview, but have otherwise not lost a game this year.
Hicksville (4-2) – Hicksville has outscored opponents 17-4 in its last two games.
Calhoun (4-3) - Ryan Kass went 2-for-4 with three RBIs and a home run to lead Calhoun in its game against Mepham.
Bellmore JFK (3-3) – Noah Shulman went 2-for-2 with an RBI to lead Bellmore JFK against Mepham.
SMALL SCHOOLS, NASSAU
1. Island Trees (5-2) – The Bulldogs outscored Bethpage 15-3 in their two-game sweep and welcomed even more talent to its already stacked rotation: Sophomore Matt Bowen struck out four in five innings and allowed five hits, no walks and two runs in his varsity debut against New Hyde Park.
2. Clarke (5-2) – Clarke just completed a morale-improving sweep of Wantagh, including a come from behind win on April 15. Down by two in the sixth, Ryan Sloane hit a two-out grand slam to eventually win the game.
3. Lynbrook (5-1-1) – Lynbrook has yet to lose a league game and in fact hasn’t dropped a contest since its non-league season opener against Island Trees.
4. Plainedge (4-2) – Plainedge already has five home runs on the year.
5. Oyster Bay (7-1) – The Baymen seem unstoppable and have only allowed 10 runs in eight games.
6. Wantagh (4-2) – The Warriors rebounded from their sweep at the hands of Clarke to win games against Division and Glen Cove this week.
7. Garden City (4-2) – The Trojans outscored Bethpage 25-5 in their two-game sweep.
8. Mineola (4-2) - Tom Caputo allowed one earned run, three hits and struck out 10 to lead Mineola against Floral Park.
9. Locust Valley (6-2) – Locust Valley hasn’t lost a game since March 31, against conference-leading Oyster Bay.
10. Roslyn (5-1) – Roslyn continues to hit, scoring 24 runs in its last two games and averaging a little over eight runs per game.