Playoffs are underway for the public school teams. Class AA and A quarterfinals will be played this week along with the Class B final, which features Malverne and Locust Valley. The CHSAA regular season is winding down, too, and Chaminade knocked off St. Mary's this week to move up in the rankings.
1. Long Island Lutheran (14-6): Hart Gliedman had 15 points as the Crusaders beat St. Anthony’s, 65-59, on Tuesday and came from behind to defeat East Longmeadow (Ma.) 78-60 on Saturday. They have a big week upcoming with home games against Chaminade on Thursday and powerhouse St. Anthony’s from Jersey City.
2. Baldwin (15-2, 10-2 Conference AA-I): The Bruins, who are on a 13-game winning streak, are seeded second in the Class AA playoffs had a bye in the first round host No. 10 Herricks in the quarterfinals on Thursday.
3. Uniondale (14-3, 11-1 AA-I): The Knights are seeded No. 1 for the Class AA postseason and host No. 9 Hicksville in the quarterfinals on Thursday after having a first-round bye.
4. Chaminade (14-6, 7-4 CHSAA): With a 63-53 win over St. Mary’s on Friday, Chaminade won its seventh straight game and knocked off the fifth of its six CHSAA conference opponents.
5. St. Mary’s (16-7, 8-3 CHSAA): The Gaels dropped a game to Chaminade after beating Holy Trinity, 68-59. They are part of a tight race in the CHSAA behind unbeaten St. John the Baptist, which is 10-0 in league.
6. Westbury (14-4, 8-2 Conference ABC-I): The Dragons opened the Class A playoffs with a 82-37 win over No. 15 Seaford. Westbury, seeded second, had four players in double-digit scoring, led by Paris Abrams with 15 points. They play seventh-seeded Manhasset in the quarterfinals at 8:30 p.m. Friday at Hofstra.
7. South Side (14-4, 8-2 ABC-I): The Cyclones defeated Lawrence, 56-41, in the first round of the Class A playoffs. Leon Taylor had 14 points and Brett Cohen had 12 for South Side, which plays No. 6 West Hempstead in the quarterfinals at 6 p.m. Friday at Hofstra.
8. Elmont (16-2, 8-2 ABC-I): Elmont, the top seed in the Class A postseason, snuck by No. 16 Bethpage, 45-40, in the first round. Dominique Williams came up big with 11 points in a 16-9 fourth quarter. The Spartans play No. 8 Jericho in the quarterfinals at 3 p.m. Sunday at Hofstra.
9. Hicksville (14-4, 9-3 AA-II): Uche Ogbonna hit a layup with 30 seconds left to give No. 9 Hicksville a four-point lead in a 54-51 win over No. 8 Oceanside in the Class AA first round. Ogbonna had 25 points and eight rebounds and John Petrucelli had 11 points and 10 rebounds. They play top-seeded Uniondale in the quarterfinals at 1 p.m. Thursday.
10. Holy Trinity (10-11, 5-6 CHSAA): The Titans beat Poly Prep, 66-63, and St. Dominic, 68-45, after losing to St. Mary’s by nine points.
On the bubble: Oceanside (13-4, 10-2 AA-II),Lawrence Woodmere Academy (21-1), Jericho (12-6, 5-5 ABC-II), Manhasset (12-5, 8-3 ABC-II), Farmingdale (9-9, 6-6 AA-I), Hempstead (10-8, 5-7 AA-I), Malverne (13-5, 9-2 ABC-II), Valley Stream Central (8-9, 6-6 AA-II)