Minor shuffling at the bottom of the deck this week, with East Islip, unbeaten in League III, moving into our Top 10 for the first time. Interesting games this week include a non-league affair matching two of the three Agostino brothers, Chris of No. 4 Harborfields and Tony of bubble-team Newfield. Oldest brother Jack has Amityville hanging on at No. 10. Also, Southold, the only other unbeaten team on Long Island besides Hills West, takes on perennial League VIII power Greenport.
Zog's Top 10
1. Half Hollow Hills West (10-0): A four-win week was bookended by impressive wins over city Catholic power Bishop Loughlin on Monday and Chester (Pa.) in the Prime Time Shootout at West Virginia on Saturday.
2. Longwood (11-2): A three-win week included 106 points against Floyd and two other overpowering victories in League I.
3. St. John the Baptist (15-2): Close victories over Chaminade and Holy Trinity keep the Cougars on top in the CHSAA.
4. Harborfields (11-1): Beat Hauppauge and Sayville to stay unbeaten in League V.
5. Lindenhurst (10-3): Defeated Sachem North and Northport to stay unbeaten and on top in League II.
6. Brentwood (10-4): Beat Ward Melville and Sachem East to take over second place in League II.
7. Bayport-Blue Point (11-3): Moved into first place in League VI with victories over second-place Amityville and East Hampton.
8. Copiague (9-3): Lost to West Baylon and beat Eastport-South Manor. Hanging on to third place in League IV.
9. East Islip (8-2): Defeated Hills East and North Babylon and remain unbeaten and alone in first place in League III.
10. Amityville (9-4): Lost to first-place Bayport-Blue Point and beat Mt. Sinai. Tied with Miller Place for second in League VI.
On the bubble: Bellport (7-4), Center Moriches (8-4), Floyd (9-4), Islip (9-4), Kings Park (9-5), Miller Place (12-2), Newfield (8-4), Southold (13-0), Ward Melville (9-5), Wyandanch (9-4).