Since our last posting, Tobias Harris has moved up to No. 8 on the all-time Long Island scoring list. With 19 points in Half Hollow Hills West’s Long Island championship victory over Uniondale on Saturday, Harris surpassed Chris Rooney of Smithtown West and now has 2,073 career points.
Harris’s next game is Saturday at 2:15 p.m. at Glens Falls in the state Class AA semifinals against Rochester East. If the Colts win, they advance to Sunday’s state championship final. Another victory moves them into the state Federation tournament the following Saturday, where Christ the King awaits. So, Harris has the potential to play four more games in his high school career. If he hits his season average of 25 points a game, he would tack on about 100 more points and wind up No. 5 on the all-time L.I. list, passing three more players.
The numbers on Harris:
Points for Season: 543
Season Average: 24.7
Career total: 2,073
Top Long Island boys career scorers:
1. Ryan Creighton, Greenport -- 2,799
2. Kenny Wood, East Hampton -- 2,613
3. Bob Hodgson, Floyd -- 2,532
4. Greg Cerillo, Faith Academy -- 2,320
5. Gary Williams, Bay Shore -- 2,125
6. Al Edwards, Greenport -- 2,117
7. David Mascia, Lynbrook -- 2,077
8. Tobias Harris, Hills West -- 2,073