We’re into the final full week of the regular season and the playoff scramble continues. Among the big games this week are East Islip at Ward Melville and Smithtown East at Connetquot on Tuesday; Hauppauge at Shoreham-Wading River on Wednesday; Chaminade at St. Anthony’s on Thursday, and SWR at Bayport-Blue Point and Comsewogue at East Hampton/Bridgehampton on Friday.
1. West Islip (12-1). As if it wasn’t already the case, the Lions established themselves as strong favorites to defend their league, Island and state Class A titles with a convincing 16-5 showdown victory over Ward Melville on Wednesday. Nicky Galasso and Andrew Hodgson led the offense and all the early season question marks about the revamped defense have vanished.
2. St. Anthony’s (13-1). The Friars continue to roll, scoring 32 goals in two victories this week.
3. Ward Melville (10-2). The Patriots would love a rematch with West Islip in the Suffolk playoffs after being overwhelmed, 16-5, on Wednesday.
4. East Islip (11-2). The Redmen knocked off Whitman, 19-6, on Wednesday then defeated Smithtown East, 15-7, on Saturday.
5. Comsewogue (12-0). Suffolk’s only unbeaten team moves up with a thrilling 9-8 four-overtime victory over rival Shoreham-Wading River on Tuesday night.
6. Hauppauge (12-1). Edged Eastport/South Manor and defeated Islip.
7. Sachem North (10-3). Lost to Smithtown East and beat Middle Country.
8. Smithtown West (9-4). Defeated Connetquot and West Babylon.
9. Connetquot (10-3). Lost to Smithtown West and defeated Bay Shore.
10. Shoreham-Wading River (9-4). Lost to Comsewogue in four overtimes and beat Mt. Sinai.
On the bubble: Bayport-Blue Point (11-2), Eastport/South Manor (11-3); East Hampton/Bridgehampton (11-3), Rocky Point (10-3), Smithtown East (8-5), Whitman (9-5).