The final regular-season games are on Monday (Division I) and Tuesday (Division II), with playoff spots and seeding positions still on the line. First-round playoff games are scheduled for Thursday (Class A) and Friday (Class B). Check back to this blog for more updates. We should know the complete seeding and brackets on Wednesday.
ZOG’S TOP 10
1. West Islip (14-1). The Lions walloped Whitman, 18-8, and have won 14 straight since an opening-day overtime loss to Sachem North. Nicky Galasso is second on Long Island in scoring with 90 points, including 47 assists. The defending Class A state champions are ranked No. 1 in the country in the latest Inside Lacrosse poll.
2. St. Anthony’s (15-2). The Friars reversed their only loss of the season by defeating Chaminade, 8-6, on Thursday night. They also knocked off Westchester power Yorktown, 14-7, on Saturday, and are looking ahead to a possible third meeting with Chaminade in the CHSAA final on May 27.
3. Ward Melville (13-2). The Patriots won a big Division I game against East Islip, 10-7, and close out regular season at Sachem North on Monday night.
4. East Islip (12-3). Lost to East Islip, then rebounded to easily defeat West Babylon.
5. Comsewogue (13-1). The Warriors suffered their first loss of the season, 13-10 to East Hampton/Bridgehampton on Friday. Defeated Eastport/South Manor on Tuesday.
6. Hauppauge (14-1). Edged Shoreham-Wading River, 9-8, and defeated Huntington, 9-4.
7. Smithtown West (11-4). Rallied from a 7-0 deficit to nip Sachem North, 10-9, and defeated Sachem East, 16-10. Kyle Keenan had six assists in each game.
8. Connetquot (12-3). Beat Smithtown East and Patchogue..
9. Shoreham-Wading River (10-5). Lost a thriller to Hauppauge and beat Bayport-Blue Point.
10. Sachem North (10-5). Tough week for the Flaming Arrows, losing to Smithtown West and Floyd.
On the bubble (listed alphabetically): Bayport-Blue Point (12-3), Eastport/South Manor (12-4); East Hampton/Bridgehampton (12-3), Floyd (9-6), Rocky Point (11-4), Smithtown East (9-6), Whitman (10-6).