It will be interesting to see if Ward Melville can overcome the suspensions to 15 players in Tuesday’s tough game against Smithtown West. That could shake up next week’s top 10. The West Islip-Connetquot game also bears watchng.
Zog’s Top 10
1. West Islip (8-1). The Lions had a 3-0 week that featured an impressive 13-3 win over talented Smithtown West on Wednesday. They also defeated Bay Shore and Floyd. Nicky Galasso is on a tear. He had 10 goals and 15 assists for the week. Showdown game with Connetquot on Tuesday.
2. Ward Melville (8-1). Demonstrated its tough defense in beating Connetquot, 10-7, on Wednesday, hading the Thunderbirds their first loss of the season. That defense will be tested on Tuesday against Smithtown West and its high-scoring attack.
3. St. Anthony’s (8-1). The Friars’ offense was in high gear last week, scoring 28 goals in its two victories. Princeton-bound Tom Schreiber had five goals in the first half of Saturday’s non-league win over New Canaan.
4. Connetquot (9-1). Bounced back from first loss of the season against Ward Melville to beat West Babylon, 17-8, on Saturday as Suffolk scoring leader Kieran McArdle had six goals and two assists. Huge test comes Tuesday when Connetquot visits West Islip.
5. East Islip (8-1). The Redmen won three games last week. Two were easy and one was difficult – a 9-8 decision over Smithtown East.
6. Comsewogue (9-0). The Warriors keep rolling and, along with SWR, are the only unbeaten teams in among Suffolk’s talent Class B crop.
7. Shoreham-Wading River (8-0). Scored an impressive victory over neighborhood rival Rocky Point last week to stay tied with Comsewogue atop Division II.
8. Sachem North (6-2). The Flaming Arrows, with only one league loss, are still in the thick of things in Division I and handled upset-minded Whitman last week.
9. Smithtown West (6-3). Bounced back from loss to West Islip with an impressive victory over Bay Shore. Faces Ward Melville on Tuesday.
10. Hauppauge (8-1). The Eagles dealt East Hampton/Bridgehampton its first loss of the season in a 10-9 thriller on Monday to climb back into our Top 10.
On the bubble: Bayport-Blue Point (8-2), East Hampton/Bridgehampton (9-1), Eastport/South Manor (8-2), Rocky Point (8-2).