1. Garden City (12-0-1): Stop the presses! Brace yourselves for this one. Garden City... allowed a goal. Yes, it happened. They defeated Clarke, 2-1, last Monday but the goal, scored by Emma Foster, was the first the Trojans had allowed in seven games dating back to Sept. 19.
2. Cold Spring Harbor (10-2-1): The Seahawks had two dominant wins over Floral Park and North Shore last week. Victoria Kotwoski scored two goals in both.
3. Massapequa (9-2): The Chiefs won two games in two different ways last week. There was 4-0 over East Meadow on Tuesday, and then they survived a scare Thursday, pulling out a 2-1 overtime win against Friends Academy.
4. Manhasset (10-3): Don't look now, but Manhasset is right back where it usually is: near the top of the standings with double-digit wins. The Indians' 2-0 win over Clarke on Friday was their eighth in a row.
5. Clarke (8-2-3): Yup, the Rams lost two games and moved up a spot. Clarke had its first two losses of the season last week, but consider the opponents and scores: 2-1 to Garden City and 2-0 to Manhasset. Classify those as, "Eh, can't blame 'em" losses.
6. North Shore (8-4-1): They went 1-1 last week. There was an impressive 5-1 win over Seaford, but the 5-2 loss to Cold Spring Harbor knocks the Vikings down a notch.
7. Locust Valley (7-7): The Falcons dropped one, 2-1, to New Hyde Park and then bounced back with a win over Wheatley.
8. Friends Academy (7-6): The Quakers lost to Massapequa on Thursday, but they do get points for taking the Chiefs to overtime. And Charlotte Gelfand (23 saves) gets kudos for withstanding a barrage of shots. Friends also edged Carle Place, 1-0, on Tuesday.
9. Port Washington (7-2-1): They rebound from a 4-0 loss to Massapequa with two wins last week, outscoring their opponents 9-0.
10. New Hyde Park (5-6-1): The Gladiators went 1-1 last week. They had a 2-1 win over Locust Valley in which Lisa O'Callaghan scored both goals. The loss was 2-0 to Garden City.