1. St. Anthony’s (13-2): It was a rough week for the Friars. Four starters and a classmate were involved in a car accident Thursday afternoon and all missed Saturday’s game. With two sophomores and four freshmen, the Friars defeated Middle College, 52-42, Saturday in the Kennedy Challenge at In-Tech Academy in the Bronx. Johanna Impellizeri, Jennifer Sixsmith, Rebecca Musgrove, Shannon White and Maggie Bill started and played bigger roles than usual.
2. North Babylon (10-2): The Bulldogs finally got some competition at the Kennedy Challenge in the Bronx. They defeated Woonsocket (R.I.), the defending Rhode Island Division II state champions, 65-44, on Saturday. Bria Hartley had 34 points, 14 rebounds and 11 steals. The Bulldogs then lost to H.D. Woodson (D.C.), 50-44, on Sunday. Hartley had 29 points, seven rebounds and five steals.
3. Sachem East (10-3): The Flaming Arrows are on a roll with three wins last week, including a 61-44 win over previously top-ranked Kellenberg. Kristen Doherty scored 27 points and Meagan Doherty had 18. They also beat Brentwood and Patchogue-Medford.
4. St. John the Baptist (8-9): The Cougars went 2-2 last week with both losses coming against teams from outside New York in tournaments. The big win came against Kellenberg, a 47-44 win on Friday. They also lost to nationally ranked Neptune (N.J.), 69-42, at the Kennedy Challenge in the Bronx and Hillhouse on Jan. 18. They also beat Sacred Heart.
5. Kellenberg (7-4): The Firebirds went 1-2 to fall from the top spot. They lost to Sachem East, defeated St. Dominic and then lost to St. John the Baptist, 47-44. The Firebirds didn’t trail the entire game until the final minute when SJB went ahead, 45-44. The Firebirds are still in the mix for first place in the CHSAA.
6. Long Island Lutheran (13-2): The Crusaders had just one game and lost on Sunday to New Rochelle at the Kennedy Challenge, 52-46.
7. St. Mary’s (11-3): The Gaels went 3-0 last week defeating St. Francis Prep, Our Lady of Mercy and a tough Sacred Heart team. Maddy Jankowski scored 25 points in the 74-62 win over Sacred Heart.
8. Ward Melville (12-2): The Patriots defeated League I foes Commack and Brentwood to keep their hold on second place behind Sachem East in the league. Caysea Cohen led the team in scoring in both games.
9. Garden City (11-2): Diana Leondis scored 22 points for the Trojans in a 44-39 win over Lynbrook on Friday. They are tied with Division for the lead in Conference ABC-I and the teams meet on Feb. 2.
10. Northport (10-1): Northport had one game and defeated Lindenhurst, 65-30. Megan Marinelli had 11 points and six assists.
On the bubble: Holy Trinity (8-6), Division (11-1), Whitman (11-2), Mattituck (10-3), Center Moriches (9-4), Kings Park (13-1), Uniondale (9-5), Baldwin (11-2), Wyandanch (9-5), Smithtown West (9-3)