1. North Babylon (16-2): North Babylon ended its regular season with a 91-30 win over East Islip. UConn-bound Bria Hartley had 34 points, five assists and five steals. She was named to the McDonald’s All-American team and the WBCA All-American game last week. North Babylon is the top seed in the Suffolk Class AA playoffs and will the host the winner of Brentwood-Riverhead in the quarterfinals on Feb. 24.
2. Sachem East (15-3): The Flaming Arrows had the week off and will have a long layoff. They last played on Feb. 5. They won’t play until Feb. 24. The No. 2 Flaming Arrows get a first-round bye in the Suffolk Class AA playoffs and will host the Floyd-Lindenhurst winner in the quarterfinals. Boston College-bound Kristen Doherty was named to the WBCA All-American game.
3. Kellenberg (14-5): The Firebirds had a great week to put themselves in position to get the top seed in the CHSAA. They beat St. Anthony’s, 46-37 and beat St. Mary’s, 58-50. Khadijah Donaldson had 21 points and 15 rebounds and Emma O’Connor had 13 points, 15 rebounds, 10 assists, six blocked shots and four steals.
4. St. Anthony’s (18-5): The Friars opened the week with a 46-37 loss to Kellenberg before beating Our Lady of Mercy, 52-20 and Sacred Heart, 59-50. Jennifer Sixsmith led the way with 15 points.
5. Long Island Lutheran (16-2): The Crusaders had the week off after their game with Bishop Kearney was postponed due to snow. They have a tough week with Mary Louis Tuesday, Staten Island Academy Friday and St. Mary’s Sunday.
6. St. Mary’s (14-6): The Gaels defeated St. Dominic, 56-39 and then lost to Kellenberg, 58-50. Shannon Flynn scored 22 points and Maddy Jankowski had 20 in the loss.
7. St. John the Baptist (13-10): The Cougars won two league games and are in position to get the No. 2 seed in the CHSAA playoffs. The Cougars defeated Holy Trinity, 50-38, and St. Dominic, 46-28.
8. Division (16-1): Top-seeded Division opened the postseason with a 68-44 win over No. 16 Lawrence in the first round of the Nassau Class A playoffs. Nicolette Parmese scored 15. Division will host No. 8 Roosevelt at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the quarterfinals.
9. Ward Melville (15-3): The Patriots defeated Floyd, 40-26, to cap the regular season. They are the No. 3 seed in the Suffolk Class AA playoffs and will host West Islip Tuesday in the first round.
10. Garden City (15-3): Second-seeded Garden City opened the postseason with a 64-37 win over No. 15 Mineola in the first round of the Nassau Class A playoffs. Junior Barbara Sullivan had 20 of her career-high 25 points in a 42-16 first half for GC. She added seven rebounds and five assists.
On the bubble: Kings Park (16-2), Northport (15-2), Whitman (14-3), Mattituck (14-3), Center Moriches (11-6), Uniondale (11-6), Wyandanch (13-5), Mount Sinai (14-4), Smithtown West (13-4)
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter