1. St. Anthony's (5-1): The Friars opened the week with a dominant win over preseason favorite St. John the Baptist. The Friars won 52-39 and held a 38-15 lead at the half. Symone Kelly had 15 points and 12 rebounds. The Friars then beat Holy Trinity 65-52 behind 18 points from Lauren Williams. They capped the week with a 58-38 win over JFK, which is one of the top teams in the PSAL. Kerrin Maurer scored 15 points in the win.
2. St. John the Baptist (5-1): The Cougars opened the week with a 52-39 loss to St. Anthony’s, but bounced back with a 59-35 win over Kellenberg. Kamala Thompson scored 16 points and she had 19 points and nine rebounds in a 60-48 win over McKee/Staten Island Tech
3. Northport (2-0): Northport had the week off and will open league play at Half Hollow Hills East Tuesday.
4. Long Island Lutheran (4-1): The Crusaders lost at the buzzer to Francis Lewis, 49-48 and then defeated Bishop Kearney, 67-47. Yuni Sher had 17 points and 12 rebounds.
5. Sachem East (0-1): The Flaming Arrows had the week off.
6. Sacred Heart (4-2): Sacred Heart defeated then No. 3 Holy Trinity, 50-47. Taylor Higgins scored 22 points. She scored 19 in a 49-26 win over Our Lady of Mercy. Sacred Heart was outscored 19-4 in the fourth quarter of a 38-33 loss to Massapequa.
7. Holy Trinity (2-3): The Titans lost to Sacred Heart 50-47 and then lost to the No. 1 team, St. Anthony’s, 65-52. Katie Poppe scored 23 points, including six three-pointers.
8. Baldwin (2-0): Baldwin opened league play with a 59-23 win over Port Washington. Amber Harrison had 15 points and seven rebounds.
9. North Babylon (3-0): North Babylon defeated Kings Park, 72-65. Freshman Tamara Simpson scored a career-high 23 points and scored 10 in a 45-28 win over Commack at Madison Square Garden.
10. Deer Park (3-0): Deer Park enters the rankings after a 65-55 win over Whitman, one of the preseason favorites in Suffolk Class AA. Senior Shayna Robinson scored a career-high 28 points. Deer Park has also defeated Riverhead and Floyd.
On the bubble: Division (6-0), Massapequa (4-1), Farmingdale (4-0), Kellenberg (4-2), Lindenhurst (2-0), Harborfields (2-2), Whitman (2-1), Kings Park (3-1), Glenn (4-0)
Good games from last week
Ugo Nwaigwe (Valley Stream South): She had 25 points, 10 rebounds, and 11 blocked shots in a 38-33 win over Manhasset. She had 26 points, 11 rebounds, and 10 blocked shots in a 45-30 win over East Rockaway.
Marlaina Sherman (Miller Place): She had 67 points, 44 rebounds, and 10 blocked shots in three games.
Symone Kelly (St. Anthony's): Kelly had 15 points and 12 rebounds in a 52-39 win over St. John the Baptist and scored 38 points in three games.
Maddie Jankowski (St. Mary's): Jankowski scored 66 points in three games, including 28 in a 76-64 win over Manhasset.
Amanda Johansen (North Shore): She had 27 points, 14 rebounds, and 11 assists in a 76-64 loss to St. Mary's.
Celine Jolicoeur (Sewanhaka): The junior scored a career-high 32 points and had five steals in a 64-59 win over Plainedge.
Asia Rountree (Bellport): She had 14.7 ppg in three wins.
Reonni Mapp (Friends Academy): Mapp averaged 16 points in two wins.
Kristen Polan (Westhampton): Scored 17 ppg for 59.6% of team’s points in two losses.
Taylor Malings (Division): Had 13 ppg in two wins.
Brooke Spallino (Locust Valley): Averaged 16.5 ppg in two losses.