1. North Babylon (1-0): The Bulldogs opened the season with a 60-43 win over Sachem East on Saturday behind 31 points from UConn-bound Bria Hartley as UConn women's coach Geno Auriemma watched his future player.
2. Kellenberg (2-0): The defending Class A Federation champions played one game this past week and defeated Mary Louis (Queens), 72-43. Seniors Emma O'Connor and Katie Cunningham will have the Firebirds in the mix for the CHSAA title again. The Firebirds will host St. John the Baptist on Friday.
3. St. John the Baptist (0-2): The Cougars opened the season with a trip to Maryland for the Bishop Breezy Classic over the weekend and dropped two games. As always, the Cougars will be one of the top teams on the Island with Alexis Smith and Kamala Thompson leading the way. They will play three games in three days beginning Friday.
4. St. Anthony's (3-0): Opened the season with a win over Sachem East and crushed Uniondale, 61-31, on Saturday. The Friars have size, athleticism and the future looks bright with just one senior. 5. Northport (1-0)
5. Northport (1-0): Grace Schilling scored 22 points in a 74-45 win over Longwood last Tuesday. Northport will play two games in the Under Armour Classic at St. John the Baptist beginning Saturday against rival Commack.
6. Sachem East (0-2): Lost to St. Anthony's and then fell to North Babylon on Saturday, 60-43. They played the second game without Boston College-bound Kristen Doherty, who has a partially torn left hamstring and her sister, sophomore Meagan Doherty, who has a partially torn left MCL. They play Brentwood, Patchogue-Medford and St. John the Baptist this week. When healthy, they will be one of the top teams.
7. St. Mary's (4-0): Shannon Flynn is averaging over 24 points per game. She had 22 points and six assists in a 70-50 win over Great Neck South Saturday.
8. Long Island Lutheran (3-1): The Crusaders have depth and talent and defeated Brentwood, 60-29, Saturday. The lone loss came to Bishop Ford, 54-48. Bishop Ford went on to beat Christ the King.
9. Garden City (2-0): NYU-bound Diana Leondis scored her 1,000th career point on Dec. 4 and then had 20 points and five assists in a 55-31 win over Ward Melville on Saturday.
10. Brentwood (3-1): Defeated Center Moriches 52-35 on Friday before losing to Long Island Lutheran, 60-29 the next day.
On the bubble: Massapequa, Commack, Whitman, Smithtown West, Ward Melville, Holy Trinity, Center Moriches, Wyandanch, Division