1. St. Anthony's (9-1): The Friars defeated Sacred Heart, 58-27, Sunday. After opening the season with a loss to Holy Cross of Maryland, the Friars have won nine consecutive games. The Friars have a lot of depth and will be bolstered even more with the addition of Chastity Taylor and Kimani Jackson soon as both are sitting out after transferring.
2. St. John the Baptist (7-2): The Cougars played for the first time on Saturday since Dec. 21 in the Philly/New York Challenge in Philadelphia and lost to a very good Penn Charter team, 62-54. SJB got off to a slow start and trailed 23-13 after one quarter before cutting it to four points on four occasions in the fourth quarter. Alexis Smith scored 16 and Allysia Rohlehr added 11. They bounced back with a 59-50 win over George Washington Carver in the New Year’s Resolution High School Showcase at JFK in Paterson, N.J.
3. Northport (6-0): Northport defeated Bay Shore, 63-33, as 15 different players scored. Northport gets its biggest test in league play Friday against Whitman.
4. Long Island Lutheran (7-3): The Crusaders defeated Our Lady of Mercy, 58-20. Sam Milhaven and Paige Kriftcher each scored 12 points. Long Island Lutheran then lost Lower Merion, 55-47, in the Philly/NY Challenge. Kriftcher and Yuni Sher each scored 17 points as the Crusaders rallied from a 15-point third quarter deficit, but could get no closer than two points in the fourth quarter.
5. Sachem East (5-1): The Flaming Arrows beat Floyd 50-24 as Kathleen Everson led the way with 12 points. Then they beat Commack, 48-38. Emily Carmel scored 14 of her 20 points in the third quarter.
6. Baldwin (8-1): Baldwin picked up two league wins defeating Hicksville, 50-23 and MacArthur, 52-21.
7. Sacred Heart (8-3): Sacred Heart lost to St. Anthony’s, the top-ranked team, 58-27.
8. Holy Trinity (6-4): After a 2-4 start, the Titans have won four straight after a 61-49 win over Springside School in the Philly/NY Challenge in Philadelphia. Kristen Korzevinski had 13 points, seven assists, and four steals and Alyson Brennan scored 13. The Titans also beat St. Mary’s, 73-43.
9. North Babylon (6-0): Charise Wilson scored 19 in a 59-52 win over Riverhead and Tamara Simpson scored 14 and Brianna Jones 12 in a 54-36 win over Centereach.
10. Center Moriches (7-2): The Red Devils beat Southampton 46-32. Amber Davis scored 15 points. Kelsey Glanzman had 18 points and 12 rebounds in a 54-35 win over Hampton Bays.
On the bubble: Massapequa (8-1), Farmingdale (7-1), Kellenberg (6-5), Harborfields (6-3), Whitman (6-1), Kings Park (8-2), Glenn (9-0), Division (7-1), Garden City (6-2)
Performances that stood out last week
Meghan Eckel (Kings Park): Eckel had 18 points, 12 rebounds, 11 steals, and 10 assists in a 69-53 win over Miller Place and 10 points, eight rebounds, and five assists in a 60-39 win over Sayville.
Kristen Korzevinski (Holy Trinity): She had 15 points, 12 rebounds, and 10 assists in a 73-43 win over St. Mary's and 13 points, seven assists and four steals in a 61-49 win over Springside School.
Kaelyn Ward (East Hampton): The sophomore scored a career-high 32 points in a 46-32 win over Mount Sinai.
Shannon Duer (Islip): She had 29 points and 20 rebounds in a 51-45 loss to Harborfields.
Cansu Atali (Plainedge): The sophomore had a career-high 23 points and a school-record 31 rebounds in a 54-51 win.
Myajha Elston (Uniondale): She had 14 points and nine rebounds in a 47-38 win over Farmingdale.
Bridgit Ryan (Harborfields): She had 15 points and 10 rebounds in a 52-31 win over Rocky Point.
Olivia Walsh (Our Lady of Mercy): She scored a game-high 18 points with eight rebounds in a 50-27 upset over Kellenberg.
Allison McKenna (Glenn): She had a season-high 24 points and 15 rebounds in a 44-25 win over Bayport-Blue Point.
Vanessa Pryor (Ward Melville): She had 16 points, 10 rebounds and six steals and hit a 3-pointer with 47 seconds left in the fourth quarter to give Ward Melville a 39-34 lead.
Nina Hadzibabic (Roslyn): She had 23 points and 11 rebounds in a 55-35 win over Jericho.
Melissa Meyers (Smithtown West): The sophomore had six of her career-high 29 points in a 9-3 fourth quarter in a 48-42 win over East Islip.
Olivia McCracken (Wheatley): She had 23 points and nine rebounds in a 55-44 win over Oyster Bay.
Cansu Atali (Plainedge): The sophomore had a career-high 23 points and a school-record 31 rebounds in a 54-51 win over Bethpage.
Janiece Jenkins (Central Islip): She had 21 points and 20 rebounds in a 53-49 win over Connetquot.
Ugo Nwaigwe (Valley Stream South): She had 15 points and 16 rebounds in a 40-38 win over Great Neck North.
Marlaina Sherman (Miller Place): Sherman hit a jumper with 30 seconds left in regulation to tie the score and she finished with 27 points and 14 rebounds.
Jessica Ruggiero (Calhoun): She had 23 points and 10 rebounds in a 60-41 win over Carey.
Farrah Desvarieux (Lawrence) : She hit the game-tying free throw with three seconds left in regulation and had 22 points, seven rebounds, seven assists, and seven steals in a 67-65 win over Sewanhaka.
Jackie Waldron (Huntington): She had 23 points and 15 rebounds in a 53-25 win over Half Hollow Hills West.
Sarah Barrett (Pierson/Bridgehampton): Down 41-36 in the fourth quarter, Barrett scored seven consecutive points, including two go-ahead foul shots with 15.1 seconds left. She scored a game-high 23 points.